Saturday, November 10, 2012

Everywhere I turn.

November 10: Go Radio. Katy Perry. Mayday Parade. Yellowcard. The Killers. Taylor Swift. Anberlin. Adele. Ed Sheeran. Regina Spektor. The Black Keys. Bon Iver. Carrie Underwood. All Time Low. Christina Perri. Coldplay. The Eagles. James Blunt. Every Avenue. Sara Bareilles. Fun. Ingrid Michaelson. Jimmy Eat World. Katy McAllister. Lady Antebellum. Maroon 5. Parachute. Muse.
Just a few of the bands and artists I am grateful for today. Because without music, my life would be rather dull. I'm so glad I live in a world where we have millions, if not billions, of songs at our fingertips, and even more grateful for the love of music my mom has instilled in me.
Music has a crazy way of making you feel things differently, and it cements memories in your mind better than anything else. Songs like Just the Way You Are, Every Time We Touch, So Close, 22, and E.T. will forever be associated with specific people. Emi and I have a playlist that will always remind us of driving to hockey games, and a bunch of the Top 40's will always remind me of Homecoming and high school dances.
Not only does music help you remember things or bring about emotion, it impacts people--or at least me--on a spiritual level. I can listen to talk after talk by all kinds of speakers, and feel the Spirit. But the second the choir starts singing, or a musical number steps up, it's overwhelming. I cry faster during the hymns than during anything else. And I know that it's because music is one of God's greatest gift to us.
I love music, and I wish I had any talent at all in that area. But I'll stick with appreciating everybody else in that field, and be forever grateful for the sheer beauty that it brings into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!