Thursday, November 1, 2012

You don't scare me.


Newsflash: Letters from missionary friends are day makers. Em and I got a letter all the way from Ghana on Tuesday, and it was definitely one of the best parts of the day. I can't believe my best friends are all headed out, or already out on their missions, and I couldn't be more proud. 







Braxton and I wen to visit the D-TV kiddos yesterday, and it made me realize just how much I don't miss high school. Yes, college is exhausting. The classes are harder, the tests are a bigger deal, and life is way more stressful on your own. But it's so much fun, and so much better than high school. Even after all the time we put into that newspaper and those broadcasts, I'm glad it's their job now and not mine. :) 
The real reason I went home yesterday is because my best friend was opening her mission call. Watching Hailee's face as she read her call and seeing her reaction was one of the sweetest things I've ever witnessed. Hailee's headed to Paris, France on February 20th. The same place her dad served just over 20 years ago. I have no doubt in my mind that she will be an incredible missionary, and her testimony will bless so many of the French people. 18 months is a long time to go without my best friend, and I think it's stressing us all out a lot more than we expected. But I'm so excited for her, and I know that this is where she's supposed to be. 
In other news, Bryan Tew is great. We sat in the hall last night and took all sorts of hideous pictures. [Perfect practice for the ugliest snap-chat contest that Taylor and Dallin and I had later.] We're cute.


So kids. The church is true. Missionary work is incredible, and I'm so grateful for friends who are making missions and sharing this gospel a priority in their lives--and so thankful for a best friend like Hailee. 

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much. I don't think you even understand. J'adore mon meilleur ami.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!