Saturday, November 3, 2012

Let me tell you about it.

It's November, people! Which means fall, and sweaters, and snow, and lots and lots of food. I love Thanksgiving. And I love November. I know it's the third, but for every day from here on out I'm going to do a gratitude post. Because I have so much to be grateful for. 

[catch-up posts.]
November 1st: The girls of 102. I know I talk about them a lot, but my roommates are seriously the best thing to happen to me up here. I scored, big time with these girls. They make me laugh, listen to my problems, and put up with my craziness day in and day out.  
Kenzie is the most sincere person I've ever met, and she makes me food at least a million times a week. She listens to me complain, and attempts to keep my head screwed on straight.
Emi has been my best friend since 8th grade, so we won't go into that, but we are the same person. On every level. 
Kelsey is our "mom," and makes sure I'm drinking my milk, takes notes for me when I miss class, gives me advice on everything. 
Lauren is basically a nicer version of me, and she keeps me sane when we're both up late. She understands my shopping addiction, and isn't afraid to try new things with me. 
Adrienne makes me feel like less of a failure when I fail biology and she doesn't, and keeps me thoroughly entertained through our many apps and chats, and never fails to give compliments, about anything. 
These five girls really are my best friends on the planet, and they're the best sisters I could ever ask for--except for the four real ones I have of course--and Kels and I are missing them like crazy this weekend. 
November 2nd: I have the world's best parents, ask anyone. Both of them are amazing at anything they do. Bake, BBQ, bike, crochet, you name it. They come to all of my stuff: lacrosse games [even though they still don't understand all the rules. But really, who does.], D-TV meetings, graduations, etc. They host parties for not only my friends, but my Seminary Council kids, my Girls Camp Committee friends, and the entire neighborhood+ on the last day of school. They're the best examples I could ever ask for, and give the best advice in the world. 
My mom drops everything to help me, gives me her hair appointments when she's been waiting for months to get to May, and lets me wear her shoes, even though I usually end up taking them. She makes me my favorite foods when I come home, and sends mounds of treats back up to school with me. And she fields roughly twelve thousand phone calls from me a week.
My dad knows everything. So when I call to ask whether I should do a Bachelor of Arts or Science, or ask how on earth I'm supposed to get pumpkin mold off my carpet, he has an answer. He fills my car up for me, fixes my radiator, and makes sure my car is clean when I leave, and that I have a way to insulate my windows so I don't freeze to death.
  I'm so glad that I get to be with them for forever, and am so grateful for everything they do for me. 
November 3rd: I've got the five best siblings, too. 
How many girls can say that they're 15-year-old sister played lacrosse with them, did youth court with them, and will drop just about anything to follow me around while I shop? Not many. Britt and I are just about as different as it gets; I'm loud and always have to have a million people with me. She's much more reserved, and can function perfectly fine on her own. She's also a lot more motivated and driven than I am, and is already blowing everything I did right out of the water. I'm so glad she'll come with me to anything I want her too, and so grateful that as far as I know, she's not embarrassed to admit I'm her sister to everyone at Davis. 
Poor Ryan handles being the only boy reasonably well. :) He listens to my music suggestions, most of them time, and is always willing to back my car in if I need him too. [Shhh...] He puts up with our endless teasing, and sometimes he even asks me for advice with his clothes. Ry will always come drive around delivering Christmas presents to my friends with me for hours, as long as he gets control of the stereo, and he always makes me laugh. 
Emily got all the genes I wish I did. Tall, tiny, blonde, and blue eyed. [You win some and lose some I guess.] And she's the only one who will actually read the books I like! She'll help me pick out my outfits long after Brittany's given up with my indecisiveness, and isn't afraid to let me do her hair and makeup for dance recitals. 
Aubrey and Mary are basically me in two different bodies, and they're the first people I grab when I get home. They're my Zupa's dates, my nap buddies, and the ones I drag around everywhere with me. They let me experiment with their hair, dress them up like they're dolls, and listen to everything I say and do. They sing the same songs I do, and play 'crosse with me when no one else will. Mary shares everything she has with me, and Aubrey will do anything I ask her to. 
I miss these kiddos every single day, and am so glad that they get to put up with me forever. [Poor things.:)] They really are some of my best friends, and I'm so glad there are so many people waiting for me when I get home. 

See, there's so much to be grateful for. I am so incredibly blessed, in every aspect of my life and couldn't ask for anything more. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey this is Britt! Ash I love you so much and appreciate all you said about me. You are support system for most everything and a great example of what to be like. You got to love lacrosse and running. You put up with my personality even when I'm strong willed and not willing to back down from an argument. You are amazing and I miss you dearly. THough we fight sometimes, we always make up afterwards and I love you for always forgiving me and helping me feel better. You stand up for me when I can't and help me to get over the things that people do that make me mad or sad. Thanks for being the best sister a girl could hope for. I love you and miss you. Please come home and visit soon.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!