Saturday, September 8, 2012

It happens once each year.

Today, right this second, is one of my best friend's birthdays. My little miss Maddy is now a 19-year-old woman, and it's all a little weird. But if anyone deserves a birthday shout out, it's this girl.
We've been friends--or at least known each other--since we were 5. And she's put up with a whole lot from me.
I can't even begin to describe how much she means to me, or how much I've learned from her. She's pushed me in ways no one else can. And I'm grateful every day for her influence and example in my life. She may be a few inches shorter than I am, but she'll always be a big sister to me.
She's in Provo right now, and I'm living in Logan. I miss her laugh every single day, and the way we constantly tease/fight with each other, because I know it means she cares. I hate being 200 miles away and not having any idea what is going on in her life, and not having her know every detail of my life, because we've never dealt with that. But we're where we're supposed to be, and nothing will change the fact that she's one of my very best friends.
So Madz, happy birthday hon. I hope your day was wonderful, and that everything good happens to you. Because you deserve it, you really do. BYU is lucky to have ya, kid. :)
Love you, my crazy ginger best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!