Saturday, September 8, 2012

This is the greatest thing we've ever done.

The things we do for our football team would worry our parents. We run to Wal-Mart to buy a tent for $39.98 and then book it to the Quad to claim a spot. We fit five girls in there. [Doesn't sound like a big deal until your realize how much stuff we all brought.] 
We tried really hard to take a picture by ourselves. I didn't include those attempts, but this one only worked AFTER we'd had our tent collapsed by two reasonably obnoxious individuals, and were saved by Luke. We then had him take a picture after we'd gotten over our hysteria, and settled down once again into our massive cuddle sesh. 
Dallin has a massive man-crush on my father. So when he was freezing [the kid wore a t-shirt to camp in Logan. Seriously.] and I offered him a sweatshirt [I brought three. Don't worry] that happened to be my Dad's....he freaked. And so we sent Russ these pictures at midnight. I'm just glad my friends and my parents get along. 
We camped out for 11 hours, and waited in line for 3 hours to watch our Aggies beat the Utes for the first time in 15 years. I haven't screamed that loud since Viewmont lost to Murray in hockey my junior year, and won't until...basketball season. But whatever. It definitely made the sleep deprivation worth it. 
Stormed the field, joined a majority of the freshman at McDonald's at 12:30 in the morning, and then crashed--hard--watching Ironman in our apartment. Mitch and all his roommates and Emi and I were sound asleep before Robert Downey Jr. was even kidnapped. It was an awful wakeup call to realize that going to bed at 2:45 and going to see my parents before my dad started Lotoja was one of the worst ideas I have ever had. However, I survived. My dad finished Lotoja for the 3rd time. All the kids are in bed. And I got to have a heart to heart with my best friend at the temple. Seriously. This year is going to be awesome. And I couldn't be more excited to see what's in store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!