Tuesday, September 4, 2012

It's all so very true.

Labor Day really is a truly beautiful holiday. Slept in til 9:30, had a job interview at 11, and then explored the depths of Logan with Emi and Lauren. We went a little crazy, and decided to actually cook some real food for a change. Placemats, table settings, and side dishes included. Emi made the main dish, so naturally, we had to pose her in all our kitchen glory. [guys. Our apartment is adorable. Lacking in family room decor, but cute nonetheless.]
"Bodily" chicken [it's a last name, not the kind of fluid. Nasty, but necessary, clarification.] Homemade rolls [thanks Lauren's sister!] with homemade peach jam [thanks Lauren's mom!] and spanish rice. We like our meals...eclectic. It was delectable. And tomorrow? Kevin's cooking dinner for all of us. We like Kevin. He fixes our DVD player, and our fridge, and apparently cooks for us as well. Winner.
We got all fancied up for dinner too. Just kidding, we actually went on a roomie+Kyle+Braden+Mitch adventure to the Brigham City Temple open house. More on that later. 
We're adorable. Even though I look like I'm praying, I have a photogenic bunch of roommates. And they can cook. [Even though Kelsey is always gone, she's a winner too.] And I quite like spending all day everyday with these ladies. 
Back to the temple open house. Folks, the church is true. I've known it since I was little, but things like the temple make me so sure I could cry--which I frequently do. The Brigham City temple isn't the biggest one out there, but it's absolutely beautiful. And I for one have no idea why anyone would want to get married anywhere other than the temple. Even with hundreds of people swarming the building, and incessant whispering, it is still so absolutely peaceful and calm while you're in the temple. We walked into the sealing room, and the Spirit hits you like a ton of bricks. Definitely one of my favorite places in the world. I don't know when the next time will be that I'll get to go that far in the temple, and there's a good chance it won't be until I'm getting married. But I know, without a doubt, that the temple is my ultimate goal, and I want to be sealed there for time and all eternity more than anything else on earth. I know that the temple is a house of God, and that it is a holy place. I love to see the temple. And I will go inside someday. 

Sidenote: It's my mama's birthday today. And I just want whoever reads this to know how much I love her. She's taught me everything I know--and I'm grateful for her every single day even if I don't show it all the time. Because really, who else sends up a chocolate chip cinnamon roll to their daughter an hour away because she's missing the first day of school at home? My mom, that's who. She's instilled a love of music and a knack [I HOPE] for cooking in this little brain of mine, and gives me a first rate example of the kind of parent I want to be when I grow up. Plus, she makes killer cake. It's a win win situation for everybody involved. Love you, Mom. :) 

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!