Sunday, September 30, 2012

We've been changed for good.


Even though we've all said goodbye once, the goodbyes are suddenly becoming more and more real. Because now? It'll be years before we're all together again, instead of weeks or days. The future is a big deal, and it's weird to think that there's a large part of my life that these kids won't be a part of.
But honestly? There's no other reason in this world I'd rather have them leaving for. Two years may be a long time, 700ish days in reality, and even though it terrifies me, there's nothing I'd rather them be doing. They're making the right decisions, and going to all the right places.
I owe a lot to these kids; Bronson, Sam and Jackson in particular. And even though a million and a half things have changed in the last little while, I will always consider them my best friends. Sam's farewell was today, and it was completely surreal (more so than Blake's, if possible.) and slightly heartbreaking to realize that these kids are going to be gone for a relatively long time, but words can't describe how good it felt to finally be together with everyone again for one of the last times.
And in regards to the girls? I couldn't ask for better "sisters." They make me laugh, keep me updated on what's happening, and listen to just about everything I have to say. And even though we don't see each other every day, I know that they'll be the ones cheering at my wedding and the ones I call for baby advice.
I guess what I really want to say is that when it comes to friends, I'm really really lucky. And I've missed them.

Good luck, Sam. We're gonna miss ya kiddo. But you'll do great things, and those Guaminians are real lucky to have you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!